1,Bags & Wallets Care
GUESS bags are lined with satin, cotton and nylon. To clean, gently use a lint standard lint roller to pick up debris, or try the fabric-brush attachment on your vacuum.
Keep zippers working smoothly by running a piece of natural beeswax over a zippers open teeth.
Keep your GUESS handbag out of direct sunlight to avoid fading and cracking. To maintain the shape of your bag, stuff with butcher, tissue, or white paper. Avoid plastic and newspaper stuffing Storing your bag in a cloth bag in a dry place is recommended to avoid colour transfer and cracking due to contact with other vinyl or leather bags.
HANDLES + STRAPS
Residue from lotions and perfumes can discolor and age material. Avoid over stuffing a bag; to much weight can weaken stitching and damage straps.
To keep your hardware looking perfect, avoid impacts that cause deep scratches, cracks and dents. These can be impossible to repair.
Synthetic bags should be wiped clean with a damp cloth. For hard to remove dirt/stains and bags with canvas material a tiny amount of mild detergent diluted in water may be used. Pat dry and hang in a well ventilated area. Vinyl cleaner can be used. Suede bags can be cleaned with a suede brush, do not wet or dry clean.
- Wipe gently with a damp cloth
- Do not soak in water
- Dry thoroughly
- Do not use hot water, a steamer or ultra sonic cleaner
- Do not expose to soaps, detergents, perfume, hairspray or any other chemicals
- Do not expose to extreme heat
We asked our denim experts for their top tips to keep their favourite denim looking like new, and how to break them in just right. Follow these easy care suggestions to keep your denim looking and feeling its best.
- Wash dark denim before the first wear to prevent dyes from bleeding. Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the water when you was your jeans for the very first time to set dark dye.
- Launder jeans only one or twice a month. It is best to wash jeans by hand using a mild liquid detergent; however you may also machine wash using a cold setting.
- Air dry flat to retain shape. Only use the dryer for denim if your goal is shrinkage. If you choose to use the dryer, dry on low heat for 20 minutes max then air dry the rest of the way.
- If you think your jeans need to be hemmed, wash them first. Denim tends to shrink length-wise and hemming beforehand can leave you with unintended high waters.
- If you want a broken in look, spray your jeans with water as you're wearing them arund the house to get natural creases and wornin effects
- To keep your denim fresh between washing, rub them with a dryer-sheet. You can also spray them with a fabric refresher or hang them outside.
Non-Waterproof straps should not be submerged in water. Waterpoor straps are water resistant, but are not impervious to water & should not be submerged in water for extended periods of time.
RUBBER / SOFT PLASTIC STRAPS
Strap too long? Shorten by cutting off the unneeded portion from the long end of the strap with a sharp pair of scissors.
Do NOT expose straps to gases or chemicals (E.g. fragrance sprays, detergents, insecticides, etc.). Stains made by dye, paints and oily substances may be difficult to remove. Due to the composition of the material, straps may harden or discolour after extensive use.
Watches marked GUESS? Steel are Water Resistant from 3ATM to 10ATM only as long as lens, buttons, crown, case, case back ad gaskets remain intact. Do NOT operate crowns or buttons when the watch is wet or under water. Water resistance levels are marked on case backs. Be careful to avoid excessive exposure to steam.
Markings - example of useage:
- Water resistant - withstand splashes of water or rain; do not submerge
- 3 atm/30m/100ft. - withstand splashes of water or rain; do not submerge
- 5 atm/50m/165ft. - rain, swimming
- 10 atm/100m/330ft. - rain, swimming, sailing, snorkelling, recreational diving
Watches with no water resistant markings are splash proof and are not suitable for swimming.
Rinse watch with fresh water after eposure to salt water. Always wipe watch dry.
CARE AND SAFETY MEASURES
Water resistance is nor permanent. In the course of time, the gaskets of the cases may become worn and reduce the water resistamce of the watches.
Metal GUESS bracelets are primarily stainless steel and metal cases are brass.
GUESS offers a 2 year limited warranty on watches, more specifically this includes:
- 2 year warranty for movement
- 1 year warranty for batteries